WHAT WE DO
Building on its entrepreneurial, private equity roots, our firm combines in-house structured finance capabilities with operational know-how to unlock the full value of real estate opportunities. Our fundamental belief is that while positive macro-economic trends and micro market conditions are accretive factors to an investment thesis, institutional investors increasingly view real estate as an integral component of a diversified portfolio, along with fixed income, equity, and other alternative asset classes. Therefore, to fully capitalize on a real estate opportunity, it is essential for an owner-operator to source, evaluate, structure, and implement value enhancement strategies through top-down, risk-adjusted capitalization structures that include first mortgage, mezzanine finance, and common equity components, as well as bottom-up asset enhancement at key stages in the real estate asset life cycle such as horizontal and vertical development, reposition, lease-up, and stabilization.
As of August 1, 2018, we have an AUM of US$ 2.4 billion which includes residential, retail, office, hotel, and other alternative strategies and products such as land development, senior housing, and resort development. We deliver value in these assets through our Capital Platform, Global and Local Partnerships, and People.
CAPITAL PLATFORM - CENTRALIZED FUNCTIONS, LOCALIZED OPERATION
REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT:
1. DEAL FORMATION - Transactional Sourcing, Joint Venture Partnerships, Deal Structuring, Acquisitions Due Diligence, Underwriting & Execution, Disposition
2. STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION - Development Management, Construction Management, Asset and Leasing Management, Property Management
3. CAPITAL MARKETS - Thematic Acquisition Program Development, Capital Formation, Capital Structuring, Market Forecasting
1. FINANCIAL CONTROLS & REPORTING - Audits, Budget Variance Reports, Reconciling Revenues and Expenses, Managing Vendor Payments
2. BACK OFFICE OPERATIONS - Human Resources, Finance & Treasury, Legal & Compliance, Management Controls & Internal Audit, Operations, Information Technology, Risk Management
GLOBAL AND LOCAL PARTNERSHIPS
We approach real estate with both local and global perspectives. We place significant value on long-term relationships with reputable project sponsors, development partners, capital partners, sales/brokerage partners, and public and non-profit partners. This is key to our ability to leverage our Capital Platform and bring local, national, and global resources to any given opportunity - sourcing, acquisition, entitlement, financing, development, asset management, and ultimate disposition.
PEOPLE - DEDICATED, SEASONED PROFESSIONALS
We are a diverse group of dedicated professionals – seasoned veterans with decades of combined experience in real estate acquisitions, development & operations, capital markets and asset management, across major markets in Asia, Europe and the United States. We attract and retain top global talent who share our vision of integrity, discipline, and excellence. Each team member is empowered to act with relative autonomy within his or her domain, counterbalanced by carefully constructed risk, compliance, and operational controls.